Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hospitals / Surgeons - Malaysia
We have 27 guests and no members online
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Promenade Plastic Surgery (PPC): Dr. Steve Wong
Dr. Steve Wong – Promenade Plastic Surgery
Dr. Steve Wong graduated from the University of London in 1975 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons(Edinburgh) in 1980. He underwent higher speciality training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Regional Plastic Surgery Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Middlesex, United Kingdom.
Dr. Steve returned to Malaysia in 1983 to the position of lecturer in University Hospital, Kuala Lumpur. He has been in private practice for the past 22 years.
Dr. Steve is the founding member of the Malaysian Association of Plastic, Aesthetic and Craniomaxillofacial Surgeons (MAPACS) and carried the position of president from 1994 - 1996. He has lectured both locally and internationally on various aspects of cosmetic surgery, and is one of the most senior plastic surgeons in Asia.
Specialty and Expertise
Dr. Steve's speciality is Facelifts, having done hundreds of them in his career. He has a lot of experience in other areas of body and facial surgery such as:
- Breast Augmentation, Lift, Reduction
- Tummy Tuck
- Eyelid surgery
Facial procedures done under Local Anaesthetic with deep sedation - facelift, forehead lift, rhinoplasty and liposuction on small areas. The patient will not feel or remember anything. This technique combination delivers less downtime for the patient, thereby promoting faster healing.
Body procedures done under General Anaesthesia - breast surgery, larger and multiple liposuction areas.
Benefits of Local Anaesthesia with Sedation (or Twilight Sedation)
- Day care surgery
- Quicker recovery and completely mobile immediately after operation. Patient is able to eat and drink the same evening and have less nausea and vomiting, if any
- Much less swelling and bruising. Usually back to work by 2 weeks
- Safer, especially for older patients. There is an increased risk of chest infection, heart complications etc. with going under general anaesthesia for long periods
- Less risk of deep vein thrombosis especially for patients who have been on an aeroplane for a long period of time before surgery
- There are no anaesthetic tubes dangling about, so there is complete access to the forehead, face, neck and eyelids
The pain threshold varies dramatically from person to person. Most patients who have undergone facelifts with local anaesthesia did not regret their decision especially after the results and speedy recovery. For these patients, local anaesthesia (under sedation) far outweighs the discomfort and risks one might have with general anaesthesia.
However, we do not recommend local anaesthesia with sedation if you :
- suffer from severe anxiety or nervousness
- your pain threshold is very low i.e. very scared of needles, injections, and dentists
Your next step
To view his before and after photos, please fill in an enquiry form